RDiscount 2.0.7 released
It has been just over two years since RDiscount 1.6.8 (the previous version) was posted.
As the new maintainer, I intend to provide updates a bit more frequently. :-)
Update to the latest version with:
gem update rdiscount
- Footnotes - from PHP Markdown Extra
- Superscript tweaks
- Be more picky about what comes before a ^ if we’re superscripting.
- Modify superscript grabbing so that it grabs parenthetical and alphanumeric blocks.
- Other bug fixes
- Table-of-contents generation will no longer crash for header items containing links.
- Adjacent new-style [link]s are no longer incorrectly combined.
RDiscount 2.1.5 will be the next release of RDiscount. Planned features include:
Who am I?
I should also introduce myself: I am David Foster, the new maintainer for RDiscount.
Since I am using RDiscount on my personal website, you can expect continued updates as major new features are introduced in the underlying Discount library.
- Why I no longer use Drupal
- Why Jekyll (and not Drupal) is awesome for making a personal website or blog.
- Jekyll can use RDiscount for Markdown rendering.